Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Colors In The Rainbow

I have to tell you guys, I actually don’t like Skittles, I don’t really like how they taste, I think it’s a very American candy (considering that I’m Mexican and there, the market offers hundreds and hundreds of choices with awesome flavors), but one thing I really like is the campaign they recently launched. If you visit Skittles.com you will see that they don’t have a “regular” website, where, you enter and it shows the clients what they offer, the products, the classic product experience offered by several candy companies, and the classic blog, where they can post whatever they want to say. Skittles decided to create something completely new and creative, stealing some ideas of ideas from the ad agency Modernista! When you access to Skittles.com, it appears a widget that basically guides the visitors to some outside media social sites, if you click on Chatter, you’re taken to twitter, if you click on Friends, you’re taken to Facebook, or if you click on products, it will take you to wikipedia, which is good if you want to learn more about the product. With this mix, they are basically creating a giant conversation with their clients. Give it a look; Do you think that is a good idea? Do consumers have too much control, or perhaps still, not enough? Don’t be shy and post your comments!

To visit the Skittles website: http://www.skittles.com

Wanna read more about Skittles campaign?

MediaPost Article: Skittles Settles on Wikipedia For Brand's Home Page

Source: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=101628

Adage Article: What's Next After Skittles.com?

Source: http://adage.com/digitalnext/article?article_id=134995

No comments:

Post a Comment