
One day a dinner party, I met this beautiful girl, the first time I saw her I thought she was very interesting and quite intelligent. So with a bit of courage I approached to her and we start talking. At the beginning she seemed to be very intelligent with a good sense of humor, I thought that she was wonderful. But five minutes later the awful truth was revealed, even though she was pretty, her conversation was only about one thing, about her. The conversation was so egocentric, only focused in what she liked and she did not, that disappointed, I said to her that I needed to go, and basically I left. This could be happening to your website. Maybe you are wondering, Why to my website? Well good websites need to solve needs, and basically show some of the customer services features that the company is offering to their potential and current clients. A website dedicated to talk only about the company, about their products and how good they are in what they do without taking into consideration what customers are looking for, and what they need, is not a good website. Want to know if your website is a bit egocentric? Take 5 minutes, visit your webpage (if you have one, if not, go to another one and judge it yourself) Pretend that you are a regular customer, write down in a piece of paper 4 or 5 concerns related to a certain product. Navigate the site for a few minutes. Did the website solve your concerns? Or it was only focused in what they do without bearing in mind the concerns of the client? Is your website being a bit narcissistic?
Painting: "Narcissus" by Caravaggio, circa 1597-1599. Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Antica, Rome, Italy.
Continue reading “How Customer-Focused is Your Website?
Stalking the Narcissistic Web”
Source: http://www.marketingtoday.com/emarketing/0305/narcissistic_web.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment